This is All the flavor without the frying!
soak dried pinto beans overnight in cool water
1 tablespoon Garlic EVOO
1 tablespoon Baklouti (Green Chili) EVOO
1 medium red onion chopped
1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of fresh chives
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
3 cups of soaked pinto beans. Keep in mind they get larger when soaked so approx 8 oz of pinto beans
2 cups of water
1. In the pre-heated pressure cooker, on medium heat without the lid, add the oil and sauté the onions, cilantro, parsley, chives and cumin until the onions soften.
2. Add the beans & water.
3. Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat up to high until the cooker reaches pressure. Cook 20 minutes on high pressure.
4. Open with natural release method. Allow to cool
5. Remove beans and mash them with potato masher.
6. Serve with an optional dollop of sour cream.
Original recipe from Instant Pot
An alternative if you don’t have the Baklouti Green Chili Extra Virgin Olive oil, chop up a small jalapeño and sauté with the onions and the herbs.